Natural childbirth is not only the shortest, happiest and most cost-effective way to have a baby, but it is also the safest. I teach and view birth as a natural process. Most women with proper education, preparation, and the help of a loving and supportive birth team can give birth naturally.
Untrained, unprepared mothers tend to be tense and frightened, which can interfere with progress in labor ultimately leading to a cascade of interventions and robbing a mother from the joyful birth experience she so deserves.
Designed for pregnant couples who want to be in control of their experience, expectant mothers can learn how to work with their body and let it fulfill its task unimpeded by tension, fear, or anesthesia through information, support, and encouragement. You and your birthing partner will learn about pregnancy exercise and nutrition, comfort measures, labor & childbirth, and newborn care; as well as how to support you on your big day and during the postpartum period!
Birth classes are offered in a 6-week series, as well as a Weekend Workshop
- Discover you and your partner's unique personalities and learn how your own medical decision-making processes help you make the best possible decisions for YOU.
- Find a unique approach to envisioning your birth experience.
- Learn the physiology and anatomy of childbirth.
- Explore various methods of relaxation and practice a variety of comfort techniques to inspire your own individual childbirth style.
Classes are a safe place for you to discuss your fears about labor and birth with other couples struggling with the same concerns.
6-Week Series & Workshop
You can expect information that is enlightening, transformative, and builds a foundation for birthing awareness, whatever the birth location or outcome. Classes are a safe place for you to discuss your fears about labor and birth with other couples struggling with the same concerns.
During this series, we will cover complete everything included in the childbirth workshop curriculum, with an additional focus on using various forms of meditation and self-hypnosis to ELIMINATE pain during childbirth.
I embrace the understanding that childbirth is a natural, normal rite of passage and not a medical event. You and your partner innately possess the knowledge and tools required to create your desired birth, we can help you access that inner-awareness. We will discuss how to minimize and even prevent emotionally difficult births through compassion and honest preparation.
Pregnancy Nutrition and Exercise
- Discover the importance of nutrition, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle on childbirth
Pregnancy Comfort Measures
- Common discomforts during pregnancy
- Positions and exercises to provide relief
- Natural relief remedies
Preparation for labor
- Writing your birth preferences
- Labor rehearsals
- Childbirth options
- Emotional aspects of birth
- Managing expectations
Stages of labor
- Normal labor progress and milestones
- Slower labor- birth positions, using the senses, and how to get labor back on track
- Natural methods to help avoid intervention
- Information about medical procedures
Creating your Birth Environment
- We will discuss support measures to help you achieve an un-medicated home birth, birth center, or hospital birth
- Choosing a birthplace and care provider that matches your desires
- Exploring cultural attitudes about birth
- Creating a peaceful environment in your birth place
- Addressing fears
- Relaxation techniques
- Identifying comfort measures
- Positioning for labor and birth
- Pain relief options (natural AND medicinal)
- Pain-coping practices for you to practice daily into daily in order to better prepare you for labor
Labor support and communication skills
- How to use doula support for birth and/or post partum
- Partners class to provide guidance and help prepare your birth partner/coach/doula for the birth and postpartum period
- Preparing your partner for natural childbirth's sights, sounds and challenges
- Communicating with care providers during pregnancy and labor
- Newborn Feeding and Basic Care
- Normal Newborn Appearances
- Healing and Rest
- Realistic expectations for the postpartum period
- Postpartum depression prevention and awareness